Radio 1 Blog

Hi. My name is Seth Stevenson and this is my personal blog. My purpose is to keep my friends and family updated about my life. Also this blog gives me an outlet to share my thoughts particuarly on the Bible and theology. Currently I am working in a small radio station in Vancleve, KY. Hope you enjoy, and check in often.

Changes!!!

Greetings to all!

As I've noted in the title above, I have some significant decisions recently, and some major changes in the near future. God has graciously moved and opened a door of oppertunity to minister again in radio ministry. About 8 months or so ago, I was contacted by radio station WMTC in Kentucky about helping them out at their station in Vancleve, KY. I didn't really think that was what I should do, but put it in the back of my mind. After some discussion, they wanted me to at least pay a visit and tour their facilities. Since they offered to pay for it, I thought I could hardly refuse. That was over Memorial Day weekend. All summer I have carefully and prayerfully deliberated about working there full time. To make a long story short, I everything seems to be pointing in the direction of moving ahead. WMTC is a radio station operated under the Kentucky Mountain Holiness Association. This is a faith work meaning each worker is responsible for raising his own support. This will of course be a very different financial move for me as well. However I am very excited about this new opportunity. This is much work to be done and I have some ideas I hope I can develop while there. One idea is to create a new teaching/preaching broadcast with a holiness emphasis. The leadership there feels the need for this as well, so hopefully something can be done in that area. Of course this is a different change from what I am doing now, but I feel like God has given me the desire and talents for this ministry. Please pray for me in the days ahead. More details and some pictures coming later on. Regards, Seth

0 comments: