Radio 1 Blog

Hi. My name is Seth Stevenson and this is my personal blog. My purpose is to keep my friends and family updated about my life. Also this blog gives me an outlet to share my thoughts particuarly on the Bible and theology. Currently I am working in a small radio station in Vancleve, KY. Hope you enjoy, and check in often.

Trip to Red River Gorge

I had a most interesting trip Monday. I have a family named the Streets that I am friends with down here. Bro Street is a teacher at KMBC. The Street's have a daughter, Alisha, that gradated from GBS this past spring. The missions director at GBS, Daniel Glick, wife had been in Florida for neck surgery. Because of the process there was some doubt as to when she would be able to return to Cincinnati, possibly not until Christmas. Anyway when Sis Street was there for the missions convention, she offered to take the three youngest kids back here to relive Bro. Glick some. They have stayed here with the Streets the past two weeks. Sunday, Bro. Glick came down to possible pick up the children and take them back with him. I enjoyed meeting him Sunday night, and taking missions with him. I found out that he know several people I did. Well, Monday he came over and sat at my table at noon. After lunch he invited me to go with him, Alisha, and Elizabeth (his secretary) to Red River Gorge. I was able to arrange my schedule last minute to go with them. It was absolutely gorgeous. Red River Gorge is in the Daniel Boone National Forest about 40 minutes from here. There is steep cliffs that drop straight down into the gorge, beautiful scenery, natural stone arches, and wonderful hiking trails. To top it off the weather was in the 70's which is unusual for November. The fall colors were indescribable. Of course like a dummy I forgot to take my camera. I did find some pictures on the internet that I have below, but they really don't do justice. So if you want a beautiful relaxing vacation, come visit me and I'll take you to Red River Gorge, providing you'll buy lunch of course!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did Brother Glick happen to admit that he knows your adopted family in Colorado? We were just thinking of them today, and trying to remember his kids' names in order!
Great job blogging! Glad you got to have that little excursion and enjoy God's creation. I have really enjoyed fall this year as well!
Love,
Janet

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.