Radio 1 Blog

Hi. My name is Seth Stevenson and this is my personal blog. My purpose is to keep my friends and family updated about my life. Also this blog gives me an outlet to share my thoughts particuarly on the Bible and theology. Currently I am working in a small radio station in Vancleve, KY. Hope you enjoy, and check in often.

Week 1


IMG_0818
Originally uploaded by seth.stevenson


Saturday, September 22, 2007

Wow, what a busy last few days. We had the quartly sharathon here Thursday and Friday. They call it the Day of Praise sharathon. This is where they set aside two days every four months to raise funds for the station, as they are supported only by donations. I helped man the phones for people calling in pledges. These pledges are tallied and read on the air. I also got a little action on calling screening. In addition to taking pledges, people can call in and share what Christian broadcasting means to them. Call screeners are the people who take people's calls before they go on the air. You have to get their first name and location, and type it into the computer. The host on the other side of the glass in the studio then can pick up the calls off of hold and put them on the air. It is kind of fun if people are calling in. If they are not, then then it can get a little boring. The picture you see here is Vic Eliason the Vice President here in the studio doing their live call in program "Crosstalk". You can visit the Crosstalk website at http://www.crosstalkamerica.com/. They talk about a variety of issues from a Christian perspective. Well hope to catch up with you all next week. Have a great Sabbath!!!

2 comments:

Tim said...

Thanks for blogging. I am thrilled for you to have this opportunity.

Anonymous said...

cycle buildinggr happening krishan booked xhtml barks urgently encrypted vfure coded
lolikneri havaqatsu